Legal Question in Employment Law in Ohio

My husband is 31 years old and has just been diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. He is a paramedic for a private ambulance company and has not been employed there for an entire year until January. He has been out of work for a month now and the doctors have not released him to return to work yet. I am currently on maternity leave and we have no income. I am afraid he will loose his benefits while ill. Can he file for FMLA if he has not worked with his employer for a year? And can the company fire him while he is ill?

Neil Rubin Neil S. Rubin, Attorney at Law, LLC

This message is not meant to: 1) contain my signature; 2) contain legal advice; 3) create an attorney/client relationship; or 4) guarantee confidentiality.

The analysis/answer to this question requires much more information. I live relatively close to you. I will speak to you briefly free of charge to get more facts to see if I can guide your further.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Ohio

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms