Legal Question in Employment Law in Ohio

a phrase in a civil service rulebook states " inspection of examination papers may only be inspected prior to the grading and within 5 regular business days". Does the civil service commission have to wait 5 regular business days to grade the test to allow for the applicant to examine?

Patrick Vitone Pat Vitone, Attorney at Law

Without any research, it sounds like the Commission is stating that you may inspect your examination papers prior to their being graded and then for the next five days after they are graded. It does not appear that they are required to wait any period of time before grading an examination.

Are you part of a represented bargaining unit? If so, I would see what your union representative can tell you. If not, in most cases, your HR people will give you an honest interpretation.

This response is not meant as legal advice nor as an offer to provide legal advice.

Good luck with your exam!

Pat Vitone

(I am not currently accepting new clients.)

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Ohio

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms