Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Ohio

There are 2 people who own my home. My ex-husband and his great grandmother. He is filing for eviction. I live in home with his 3 minor children that he does not pay support for, although is ordered to. The great grandmother is telling me not to move out and not to pay him a dime because she paid for the house. He is a survivor of the deed and the children are named in trust for the property. Can he win eviction?

Eric Willison Law Office of Eric E. Willison

In Ohio the key question will be whether he has the authorization to do the eviction. If the great great grandmother comes to court and says she is part owner and that you have her permission to be there then I think there is a good chance that the eviction would be dismissed. Telling the court that he owes child support but does not pay it wont make any difference from a legal point of view but if the judge is wavering on how to rule then making your ex into an unsympathetic figure might help out.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Ohio

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms