Ohio  |  Personal Injury

a 54 yr. old man hit my 18 yr old son in a road rage iccident caused by the older man,what can i do?

Answered on: 11/27/12, 7:16 am by John Sauter

As with an injury-causing incident, your first priority should be to get the best medical care for your son. Your son's health is far more important than the legal process.

Next, you should consult with a local attorney who practices in personal injury law. The attorney will file a claim and a demand with the driver's auto insurer. It is important to be represented by an attorney during this process, because insurance companies will commonly make 'take-it-or-leave-it' offers for little or no value to those who are not represented.

Personal injury attorneys generally work for a percentage of the overall recovery, if any, and therefore you likely won't face any upfront costs, expensive hourly billing, etc.

If you'd like to discuss your rights and options, you can reach me at 937-642-1819.

Cloppert, Latanick, Sauter & Washburn 225 E. Broad St. Columbus, OH 43215

Answered on: 11/27/12, 7:59 am by Ryan Fisher

There are two avenues of redress, one in the criminal system and one in the civil system. If the incident was intentional then hopefully the police have been contacted and the defendant is being prosecuted. While this may result in a fine or even incarceration of the defendant the criminal remedy likely won't result in much satisfaction to the victim. If your son has more than a superficial injury you should contact an attorney that specializes in personal injury law in order to get the compensation deserved. If you'd like to discuss this in more detail please don't contact to give me a call at 216-781-2600.

Lowe Eklund Wakefield and Mulvihill Co. LPA 1660 West 2d Street, Suite 610 Cleveland, OH 44113