Ohio  |  Personal Injury

if someone dies on the property of a friends home while working is the home owner liable

Answered on: 10/01/12, 7:50 am by Ryan Fisher

It depends how the person died. Simply becuse a person dies (or gets injured) on another's property does not in and of itself make the land owner liable. In Ohio one still needs to prove that some act (or omission) by the landowner caused the persons death or injury. There are countless different theories to make a land owner responsible for a persons death, many more than I can list here. Please feel free to give me a call and I'll be more than happy to discuss this matter with you for no charge of course. You can reach me at 216-781-2600.

Lowe Eklund Wakefield and Mulvihill Co. LPA 1660 West 2d Street, Suite 610 Cleveland, OH 44113

Answered on: 10/01/12, 9:36 am by Joseph Jacobs

I agree with the other attorney's advice entirely. What happened that caused the injury?

The Jacobs Legal Group 15614 Detroit Avenue Cleveland, OH 44107