Ohio  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/20/09, 11:15 am

My husband and I bought a house from my In-laws in 2002. His mother's name is still on the title as well as myself and my husband's. Can I assume that we own the house equally to a third and would my husband and I able to sell without my mothers permission ?

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/20/09, 4:39 pm by Elizabeth Schmitz

You would need your mother-in-law's consent to sell the property.

The deed would have to be reviewed to determine the type of ownership.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Elizabeth S. Schmitz Attorney at Law 1900 Polaris Parkway Suite 450 Columbus, OH 43240

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search