Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Ohio

lemon house

i moved in this house in nov (rent to own)well ever since then i have had multiple problems (still do)every thing is wrong if the roof was leaking i got it fixed the basement was leaking i got it fixed my toilet stopped working i got it fixed now my daughters ceiling is leaking they still did not fix it my bathroom pipes are leaking they didnt fix it my support beams are all wrong so if i did buy it my house will colapse. i had some one tell me what my house is really worth and its about 40,000 dollars under what they want can i do any thing to get out of this house by the court? please help

allana

J. Norman Stark J. Norman Stark , Attorney, Architect

Re: lemon house

Dear Allana: So sorry to hear of your problems. I believe you are entitled to terminate your Rent-to-Own or Land contract Agreement, depending upon the specific terms of the contract you signed. In so doing you may have to abandon any equity, but you may also be entitled to recover the cost of all of the improvements and repairs you have made, providing you can document your costs, etc.

You will need the assistance and advice of a real estate attorney to assist and advise you. Contact one ASAP.

Good luck.

Sincerely, J. Norman Stark, Cleveland, Ohio.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Ohio