Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Ohio

Title Transfer

What steps do you need to take to transfer title of home ownership in the state of ohio with a lender involoved. We were only engaged, not married.

Asked on 1/16/08, 1:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Flaherty James G. Flaherty Co., L.P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Title Transfer

The owner needs to sign a deed. The lender would have to be paid off or the person taking title is taking the property subject to a mortgage that can be accelerated for an improper transfer. There are different types of deeds and transfers so I'm not sure if you are talking about a transfer between the two of you or if you owned property jointly with your fiancee and the person transferred it to a third party.

Read more
Answered on 1/17/08, 11:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now