Legal Question in Traffic Law in Ohio

I received a seat belt ticket after being pulled over for my window tint.my first offense ever! I did not have proof of insurance, I do not have to appear in court so I can just go pay my ticket and at that time I am to show proof of insurance. When I got home I immediately bought a policy not knowing if it would even make a difference so my policy says 9:36 and my ticket is for 9:28........what do I do now?? Where do I stand? What's going to happen?located in ohio

Benjamin Partee Partee Law

If the ticket is waivable, you can just pay it. However, every driver in Ohio is required to show proof of insurance when they're pulled over. The insurance coverage the Court/BMV will need to see must show that you were insured at the time you were pulled over. It sounds like you weren't insured until after the fact. In these circumstance, the BMV will be notified of your lack of insurance coverage, and the BMV will suspend your license. You'll have to pay a reinstatement fee to the BMV to get your license back. Good luck.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Ohio