Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Ohio

My husband passed away a few months ago. He did have a will naming me (wife) as executor. Can I file the will in Probate court or does it have to be filed by a lawyer? All property is in my name and he didn't have anything of value.

Asked on 3/29/13, 9:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Fioritto Patete Nancy Fioritto Patete, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should be able to file it in probate court yourself. Montgomery County has all the necessary forms on its website. I suggest you visit probate court administration desk, say that you are executrix of your husband's will, and ask for the proper forms to fill out and file. They should be able to help you.

Read more
Answered on 3/31/13, 4:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now