Ohio  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/04/13, 2:59 am

My parents own a home which they left to me in their Wills. I am an only child and my father just recently proceeded my mother in death.. When they brought the house they got a "General Warranty Deed" with Survivorship. Both their names appear on the Deed and it also states, "for their joint lives, remainder to the survivor of them". My question is this, would that include me as their sole heir? Will I have to probate the Will to transfer the Deed into my name? Hopefully I can avoid probate court because I am currently unemployed as a result of being the only caregiver to both of my parents ( until death). I know probate is an expensive and time consuming process which isn't an option for me at this time.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search