Ohio  |  Workers Comp

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/19/13, 9:21 am

My question is related to employment. I work with a company which uses Epoxy. In June, my boss sent me to the ER due to the fact that my face was swelling up, mainly around my eye. The ER doctor told me it was a chemical burn and gave me some cream for it. My boss asked me not to file a workers comp claim, that he would pay the bill. I went back to work, and continued to work with the Epoxy. A couple weeks later, the swelling got worse, along with sores on my arms. I call a local DR who told me to go to an eye DR. I went to one, which I paid for myself, they gave me more cream for my eye and had me take a few days off. After being away from the Epoxy during my time off, and using the cream, everything cleared up. Now my boss is telling me that I can't work until I go to an allergist, that I don't have money for. He is not willing to pay for this, and has still not paid the first ER bill that I gave him (he is wanting me to call the hospital and ask if I can get it discounted.) He never provided me with any safety equipment after the first ER visit, and continued to have me working with the Epoxy. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search