Legal Question in Criminal Law in Oklahoma

Oklahoma Statute of Limitations on Sexual Abuse

Title 21 of the Oklahoma Statutes, and child abuse pursuant to Section 7115 of Title 10 of the Oklahoma Statutes, shall be commenced within seven (7) twelve (12) years after the discovery of the crime. However, prosecutions for the crimes listed in paragraph 1 of this subsection may be commenced at any time after the commission of the offense if: a.the victim notified law enforcement within seven (7) years after the discovery of the crime,b.physical evidence is collected and preserved that is capable of being tested to obtain a profile from deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), and

c.the identity of the offender is subsequently established through the use of a DNA profile using evidence listed in subparagraph b of this paragraph.A prosecution under this exception must be commenced within three (3) years from the date on which the identity of the suspect is established by DNA testing.This paragraph shall have retroactive application to crimes committed prior to the effective date of this act.The question I have is, I have done ''a'' and reported the crime last year.So do I wait for law enforcement to act or do I file another report, because the law just passed on that statute???

Re: Oklahoma Statute of Limitations on Sexual Abuse

Re-report. Sometimes things fall through the cracks.

Chad

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Oklahoma