Legal Question in Criminal Law in Oklahoma

Public Drunk Charge

I was given a public drunk ticket and taken to spend 24 hours in jail. My question is that if I pay the ticket does it go away or are there other charges that go along with it? I also would like to know, I was in my house, and taken out of my home by way of an ambulance. I was knocked unconsciouss. When I came to, I was a little freaked out by everything that was going on. I was given sedative, and don't remember anything about the incident. I wasn't charged with public drunk until I arrived at the hospital. Can they still charge me with that since they took me out of my own house? I hadn't had that much to drink, and some friends and I were wrestling around and that is when I hit my head and knocked out. I stopped breathing and that is why the paramedics were called. I spent the required time in jail so what happens now if I pay the ticket that was given to me upon release from jail?

Steve Chlouber Fuller, Chlouber & Frizzell, L.L.P.

Re: Public Drunk Charge

In most Oklahoma towns/cities, public intoxication is a $50.00-$200.00 fine plus costs. You could try to get a deferred sentence for three-six months or so, and if you are successful, the charge would be dismissed and expunged from your record.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Oklahoma