Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

Child Custody of 15 yr old

My stepdaughter is almost 16 yrs old, and would like to come live with her father and me. I'm sure once her mom finds out what she wants, she will put her foot down and say no. What do we need to do, if it is her wishes to come live with us? Do we have to take it back to court or what? Please any information would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Asked on 5/02/01, 10:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lisa Bohannan The Bohannan Law Office, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Child Custody of 15 yr old

If the original decree establishes custody in the mother, you will need to file a motion to modify custody. While the daughter is of the age where she can express her opinion with regard to living arrangments, the judge is not bound by her decision solely. Feel free to contact me if I could be of assistance.


Read more
Answered on 6/19/01, 12:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now