Legal Question in Personal Injury in Oklahoma

my horse was killed by a driver in Oklahoma in a rural agriculture area. Drivers insurance is trying to recoup funds from me when the attending officer said it was a no fault incident. The insurance company said it would put me in collections if I do not pay up. What do I do?

First of all this sound suspicious. apparently, they paid the claim on behalf of the driver are attempting to avoid liability for the accident or subsequent the loss of your horse. If the insurance company want to collect from you they must take you to court to prove that you were at fault, otherwise, they cannot charge you for damages and place it with collections. We recommend that you send the insurance company at certified letter stating that you were not at fault and file a claim with your insurance against the driver that killed your horse. In the meatime, you should not concern yourself unless they can prove that you were at-fault or you contributed to the accident that occurred.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Oklahoma