Oregon  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/24/06, 7:18 pm

change of venue / transfer case from OR to CA

I divorced in Jackson county Oregon. I have sole legal custody of our 2 children ages 6 and4. I moved to CA (with our kids) in June 2005. My ex moved from Jackson to Josephine COunty OR in March 2006.

My daughter has made disclosures that have led to CPS and law enforcement investigations into poss sexual abuse by their father. I would like very much to get a change of venue/ case transfer down here to CA - is it possible and how do I go about doing it? My ex is a CPS worker in Jackson County and frequently appears in court there so I fear the judges will have a difficult time being impartial. (I have an Oregon lawyer but he says he is not sure how to request a change of venue)



Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search