Legal Question in Family Law in Oregon

change of venue / transfer case from OR to CA

I divorced in Jackson county Oregon. I have sole legal custody of our 2 children ages 6 and4. I moved to CA (with our kids) in June 2005. My ex moved from Jackson to Josephine COunty OR in March 2006.

My daughter has made disclosures that have led to CPS and law enforcement investigations into poss sexual abuse by their father. I would like very much to get a change of venue/ case transfer down here to CA - is it possible and how do I go about doing it? My ex is a CPS worker in Jackson County and frequently appears in court there so I fear the judges will have a difficult time being impartial. (I have an Oregon lawyer but he says he is not sure how to request a change of venue)

thanks

Linda

Robert Mccoy Law Office Of Robert McCoy

Re: change of venue / transfer case from OR to CA

Since you have sole legal custody and live in Cal., it is highly likely that jurisdiction will be moved to this state, but you will have to get a court order in OR first.

First you would need to get permission from the court in Organ. After that you will need a new lawyer in California. Our law office is very skilled in this area of law. We spechlize in CPS cases. If your attorney in Organ doen not know how to cnange venue Our law office can handle that as well. All we would have to do is file some papers in the organ court. Contact our law office today at 760.243.5121. We can help.

Thanks and God Bless

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oregon