Legal Question in Family Law in Oregon

Is there a form in Oregon for a parent to allow a minor to move out of state without the parent?

Asked on 9/26/13, 5:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Clarke David C. Clarke, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Move with whom and for how long? Is there any court ordered custody? If so, then there will likely be a number of complicating issues to deal with. In that case, you should see an attorney. Otherwise, there is something known as a Power of Attorney for Child Custody which might meet your needs. It is a legal document by which a parent may delegate to another person, for a period not exceeding six months, any of the powers of the parent regarding care, custody or property of the minor child. ORS 109.056

Read more
Answered on 9/27/13, 11:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oregon

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now