Oregon  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/18/13, 12:47 pm

I have been paying my Ex per month for child support based on an agreement between her and I. She stopped working months back, and her unemployment ran out so now she wants to take me to court for child support, thinking she could get more. #1, can she ask for back support if I can show we had an agreement (even if it's via text or email)? #2, should I stop paying her until a court agreement is in place? I've been trying to avoid courts, but if she's taking it to this level I'm going for official 50% custody, as I have been paying based on that amount but only getting her 20-25% of the time.


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search