Oregon  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/30/13, 11:34 am

My dad passed away and still owed money on his house in Oregon, solely in his name. The bank is going after his 5 kids for the rest of the money; I just got served with a Civil Summons and have 30 days to respond (I live in WA state). I don't want anything to do with the house, so I signed and mailed in the legal paper, which unfortunately got lost in the mail. I didn't keep a copy, and I have tried over a half-dozen times to get replacements from the bank's attorney to no avail. Is there a form I can download online to sign and mail in? Can I just send the court and bank attorneys a letter saying I don't want anything to do with this house?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search