Legal Question in Veterans Law in Oregon

I have a disability claim pending with the VA and my claim has passed the VA claim deadline and there is still has been no decision made, what are my rights?

Jill Mitchell Heard & Smith, LLP

I'm not sure what you mean by "claim deadline." The VA, unfortunately, has no deadlines or set time frames within which to make its decisions. The veterans have to comply with deadlines while the VA can leave them at its mercy for years. Your best bet is to keep calling and sending letters requesting the status. There may be valid reasons for the delay, depending on your case. And what may seem like a long time to us is but the blink of an eye in their world. I would need to have a better idea of what kind of time has passed since you filed the claim before offering any more suggestions. Good luck and hang in there.

More Veterans Law questions and answers in Oregon