Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Oregon

I have a trust fund that my day arranged for me in his will. I want to know how I can get the money before the 2 year stipulation. Can I sell the trust? Can I transfer it to someone else with power of attorney? Help.

Asked on 6/13/10, 11:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ann Sattler Aiken, St. Louis & Siljeg, P.S.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It depends on the terms of the trust and what discretion the trustee has to disburse it to you. I'm not sure I follow what the "2 year stipulation" is. You cannot sell a trust. What the trust owns can be sold by the trustee. The trust document would need to be reviewed to tell you if you can get the money sooner than you think it will be paid to you.

Ann Sattler

Admitted in Washington and Oregon

Read more
Answered on 6/22/10, 4:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Oregon

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now