Pakistan  |  Family Law

If a person who is living abroad sends a divorce notice (written on a stamp paper) to his wife living in Pakistan and a copy to union council/re-conciliation council. After that neither he nor his family member comes in front of the council. The council issues him a notice to send the divorce through embassy but he doesnít follow. The girl doesnít want divorce and she wants re-conciliation.

What Pakistani law says in this regard?

Is re-conciliation is bound to issue divorce certificate after 90 days whether one party is neither coming on hearings nor responding the notices and the other party donít want divorce.

Is there anything in Pakistani law which can be adopted to stop the process(issuance of divorce certificate?) or how the issuance of divorce certificate can be delayed for a couple of months, please answer this question in more detail.

What is the protection for females in the law except Meher?

PLease answer me as I am very confuse about the issue.