Legal Question in Family Law in Pakistan

If a person who is living abroad sends a divorce notice (written on a stamp paper) to his wife living in Pakistan and a copy to union council/re-conciliation council. After that neither he nor his family member comes in front of the council. The council issues him a notice to send the divorce through embassy but he doesnít follow. The girl doesnít want divorce and she wants re-conciliation.

What Pakistani law says in this regard?

Is re-conciliation is bound to issue divorce certificate after 90 days whether one party is neither coming on hearings nor responding the notices and the other party donít want divorce.

Is there anything in Pakistani law which can be adopted to stop the process(issuance of divorce certificate?) or how the issuance of divorce certificate can be delayed for a couple of months, please answer this question in more detail.

What is the protection for females in the law except Meher?

PLease answer me as I am very confuse about the issue.

Asked on 4/18/10, 7:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Owais Ahmad Qadri United Law Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear sister, its a very critical moment for u.

if reconciliation member fails to to contact , or ur husband not replied or complied the directions of commitee then the reconciliation commetee member are empower to issue or announce that no divorce is effected in light of muslim family laws.

no one prevent the husband to announce divorce to her wife at any time or in any situation, wife is entitled only the dower if un paid and maintinance till the period of iddat.

u are also entitled to claim all ur rights through filling the petition in family court against ur husband in area where u reside.

Read more
Answered on 4/18/10, 7:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pakistan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now