Pennsylvania  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/30/07, 10:02 am

divorce and asset division

In my divorce decree it states my ex receives the van we had owned. It is 4 yrs later and my he never took my name off the title. Would I be liable if he was in an accident. How can I get my name off the title? We live in different states

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/04/07, 4:52 pm by Jan Butler

Re: divorce and asset division

Yes, you could be liable if he has an accident. To get off the title you will need to take him back to court and have court order him to re-title the van.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Jan R. Butler P. O. Drawer 888 Eupora, MS 39744-0888

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search