Pennsylvania  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/08/07, 10:59 am

Removing a person from a real estate transaction

We purchased a home in Pittsburgh last year with our daughter & her boyfriend. They have since ended their relationship & in lieu of refinancing, is there a way to just take his name off & also, what would the fees run?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/08/07, 2:32 pm by Gerald Hershenson

Re: Removing a person from a real estate transaction

He would have to sign a deed and a transfer tax would have to be paid on his 25% share. I suggest you consullt an attorney. Gerald Hershenson Esq.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Gerald M. Hershenson 309 Floral Vale Blvd Yardley, PA 19067

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search