What are statutes of limitation on personal injury ?
2 Answers from Attorneys
2 years if the injury occurred in Pennsyvania. See 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 5524 - Two year limitation
The following actions and proceedings must be commenced within two years:
(1) An action for assault, battery, false imprisonment, false arrest, malicious prosecution or malicious abuse of process.
(2) An action to recover damages for injuries to the person or for the death of an individual caused by the wrongful act or neglect or unlawful violence or negligence of another.
(3) An action for taking, detaining or injuring personal property, including actions for specific recovery thereof.
(4) An action for waste or trespass of real property.
(5) An action upon a statute for a civil penalty or forfeiture.
(6) An action against any officer of any government unit for the nonpayment of money or the nondelivery of property collected upon on execution or otherwise in his possession.
(7) Any other action or proceeding to recover damages for injury to person or property which is founded on negligent, intentional, or otherwise tortious conduct or any other action or proceeding sounding in trespass, including deceit or fraud, except an action or proceeding subject to another limitation specified in this subchapter.
that depends upon the jurisdiction.
Related Questions & Answers
I was at lowes and over 200bs of snow fell on me from about 20ft I am 50 and have... Asked 10/30/11, 11:37 am in United States Pennsylvania Personal Injury Law and Tort Law
I lost my drivers LICENCE, and DOT says I cannot take it anymore because I failed it... Asked 10/26/11, 4:56 pm in United States Pennsylvania Personal Injury Law and Tort Law
My fiances daughter lives with us. She is driving her moms car. We dont have her on... Asked 10/25/11, 3:10 am in United States Pennsylvania Personal Injury Law and Tort Law
I recently sprained my ankle at my in laws home. I fell because the surface of the... Asked 10/24/11, 3:23 pm in United States Pennsylvania Personal Injury Law and Tort Law
Slip &fall on a business establishment ..... resulted in a fracture arm. What... Asked 10/24/11, 12:23 pm in United States Pennsylvania Personal Injury Law and Tort Law