Legal Question in Insurance Law in Pennsylvania

I was working as a contractor through an agency. I had purchased medical insurance which was deducted on each pay check. My last day of work was on March 16, 2012 and they continued to deduct for the medical insurance. I received an email stating that my medical insurance was terminated as of February 16, 2012. However, on my last check which was on March 27, 2012 they still deducted for medical insurance, as of today I received a letter stating that my cobra coverage began on March 1, 2012. Is this legal? Please advice.

Thanks,

Lourdes

Richard Teitell Richard K. Teitell, Esquire, P.C.

I find that sometimes the 'left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing". I suggest contacting customer service at the insurer to find out what date, if any, your coverage terminated. Then check with the appropriate person at the employer to get it's take on the issue. Clearly you should get a refund for any payroll deduction made for which the employer did not place coverage. My guess is this just a failure to coordinate by the employer.

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Insurance Law Legal Forms