Legal Question in Administrative Law in Pennsylvania

a family member who is diagnosed with bi-polar disorder recently tried to commit suicide due to medicine issues. After a full recovery and was cleared my his mental and physical doctors to return to work, his employer let him go for being to much of a liability and also hired a person to replace him. Is this legal Since this was a medical condition based firing?

Domenic Bellisario Law Office of Domenic A. Bellisario

He may have claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act, as well as the Family Medical Leave Act. Far more details are needed to assess the merits of these types of claims. I suggest he contact a lawyer who handles employment discrimination cases immediately because there are relatively short time periods to bring these types of claims. He should also sign up for unemployment compensation benefits if he has not already done so. My firm handles all types of employment-related cases. Fee free to call me at (412) 471-6463 for a no cost, no obligation telephone consultation.

More Administrative Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Administrative Law Legal Forms