Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Pennsylvania

Foreclosure after bankruptcy

I filed for bankruptcy. I was paying my monthly mortgage payments each month as was due according to my mortgage company’s website. The website was incorrect, and I was actually one month behind the entire time. At one point, I paid what I thought was the current month on the 24th of the month and my mortgage company used that to file a motion for relief with the bankruptcy court. They are now asking that I pay all of the money, including what is being paid off through the trustee to stop foreclosure. I have sent them a check to make current what I owe them (other than what is through the bankruptcy)

Do they have to accept that, or can they return my payment and insist on nullifying the bankruptcy?

Asked on 10/25/07, 2:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Gibson John W. Gibson, Esquire
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Foreclosure after bankruptcy

Perhaps someone in your District can answer that. In the Western District all mortgages are paid through the Trustee.

Read more
Answered on 10/28/07, 2:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now