Legal Question in Business Law in Pennsylvania

i have a auto repair shop and i fixed someones car they have not yet paid me or picked up the car it hase been 2 months

Asked on 5/23/11, 8:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Solomon Law Office of Andrew A. Solomon
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should go to your local District Justice (small claims court) and file a civil action against the owner. If you get a judgment against the customer, you can have the sheriff put the vehicle up for auction and get paid that way. If they leave the car with you for too long, you can get the car declated abandoned, and have the title switched to your name. This would still require you to go court. Under no circumstances should you turn the car over to the owner unless you have been paid in full. Depending on the amount to you and the value of the car, you should hire a lawyer who should be willing to do this for you for a relatively small amont of money.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/11, 11:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now