Pennsylvania  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/23/13, 5:12 am


I have a Pennsylvania single-member LLC already formed.

It's name structures is as follows:

Barkley & Associates, LLC

I would like to start using the name"

Barkley & Associates Ltd.

1.) Do I need to file an Amendment with the state just to change the designator?

2.) Or can I just start using the different designator?

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/23/13, 6:30 am by Bruce McCullough

You cannot just start to use a fictitious name. There is a $70 filing fee to register a fictitious name or file a Certificate of Amendment with the Corporations Bureau to change the name, so it would make sense to change the name of the LLC. After the Corporations Bureau processes the name change, you have to notify the Department of Revenue.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Bodell Bove', LLC 1225 N. King St., Suite 1000, P.O. Box 397 Wilmington, DE 19899-0397

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search