Legal Question in Business Law in Pennsylvania

Used panties for sale

Here is an odd question. It it illegal for me sell my used panties? I have found some answers online and they are all over the place. How about my used socks and pantyhose?

Can I ship these items to other states?

Roger Traversa Arjont Group (Law Office of Roger Traversa)

Re: Used panties for sale

You asked about selling used panties.

Of course it's an odd question. And while many may find the idea creepy, some people may find the practice enjoyable. As long as there is no harm to anyone then there should be few if any problems.

There is generally no reason that these items cannot be shipped interstate. You would need to comply with the regulations of the respective carrier. This in itself would suggest that using the U.S. Mails would be an unlikely prospect and using private carriers would be more appropriate.

Another way to run afoul is to actually defraud purchasers. The product you sell must the the product you ship. Oddly enough there have been prosecutions of persons who were advertising these items for sale and who then supplied items that were not what they purported to be. (I'll leave that to your imagination.)

Anyway, this must be run as any regular business. Proper accounting, pay taxes, get business licenses and offer proper customer service.

Regards,

Roger

John Jackson Law Office of John A. Jackson, P.C.

Re: Used panties for sale

What Mr. Traversa said is correct. However, your marketing may ran afoul of several laws. Feel free to contact my office and we can discuss this.

More Business Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Business Law Legal Forms