Legal Question in Business Law in Pennsylvania

I am planning to be a 50% partner with my friend for a new sport bar. I am a sole financier and I want to limit my potential loss to an initial investment which will be sufficient for start-up and the first six months of operation. Also I want to sign off every additional financing if any (loan etc.) so that my personal assets will not be at risk without my explicit knowledge. What is the best form for incorporation/partnership for these situations in PA?

Asked on 1/26/12, 5:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Justin Gearty Law Office of Justin C Gearty Jr
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I would highly suggest that you retain a lawyer. There are many considerations that need to be considered when determining the type of business formation. In addition to the business formation itself, you both will be best served by having a partnership agreement drawn up. With a business and your money on the line, I wouldn't suggest risking all of that by not having an attorney to properly advise you.

Read more
Answered on 1/27/12, 8:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now