Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Pennsylvania

i want to get my boyfriend out of my house - he receives mail there i was told by the police i have to evict him and i was told by the magistrate that i can just change the locks and put his things out

Andrew Solomon Law Office of Andrew A. Solomon

If you own the house, it would seem pretty easy for a lawyer to file an action in District Justice court (small claims) to get an eviction order, or a restraining order. If he doesn't comply, then the Sheriff has the right to forcibly evict him. Additionally, under these circumstances (unless he has a lease) it would seem that you might be entitled to have him pay your legal fees, and definitely your filing fees. I would see a lawyer immediately to get a clearer picture of your options based upon the specific facts involved..

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms