Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Pennsylvania

My son made a couple statements in school that concerned the principal and the guidance counselor. He has a small anger problem due to his type 1 diabetes. He said one day he was so angry he feels like he is going to get into a fight. When questioned further by the guidance counselor he mentioned a time he thought about stabbing me (his mother). We immediately entered him in counseling. My concern is I now recieved a letter from the school requesting written documentation that my son is in deed in counseling. Do I have to provide this to them? Isn't it against the law to ask for proof of treatment?

CHARLES WEINER Law Office of Charles Weiner

It is not against the law for them to ask for the documentation and there may be circumstances that failing to provide the documentation can have an adverse impact on your child's education. This is a complex situation in which you should consult with an attorney who focuses on school law issues. Our practice has experience with these types of matters. You may contact my office to arrange for a consultation.

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA