Legal Question in Constitutional Law in Pennsylvania

compliance, constitution

a judgement was awarded against us in a county of PA..(there was no one available in PA) we live and work in LA and Europe. Compliance with the judgement would require several million dollars..the plantiff is asking for the original negative of a motion picture..also what about the intellectual rights that belong to the writer, director (all these factors make compliance impossible and our feeling also unconstitutional)

Asked on 3/21/09, 5:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Patrick Henigan Eckell Sparks
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: compliance, constitution

You need to act immediately to get the judgment opened. Most states (under the US Constitution)will allow the transfer of the judgment to your state and allow the Plaintiff to begin execution process on the judgment if you were properly served. It may be easier to get the judgment here opened than to try anf fight it in Ca.

Read more
Answered on 3/22/09, 10:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now