Legal Question in Consumer Law in Pennsylvania

What if contractor did not follow specifications in contract and caused structural damage to foundation and black mold problem.?

Asked on 9/08/11, 6:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Begley Kevin J. Begley - Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Assuming you hired a proper contractor and have a contract... #1 - contact the town building inspectors, to re-inspect, fail the work, and try to get the contractor to return to fix the problem. #2 - send a letter 2 ways (mail and e-mail/fax) to the contractor to put him on notice there are problems (even if you told them before - it MUST be i writing!), and you expect him to return to complete/repair his work. #3 - call your homeowners insurance broker/repsentitive, and put your inshrance company on notice, otherwise, later they may try to disclaim any claim you could eventually file. Start with that.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/11, 7:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now