Pennsylvania  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/13/04, 7:15 pm

stop payment on check

On Saturday my husband sold a vehicle.It was a private sale and the car was sold as is.The man wrote us a check for 1000.00 On Monday he put a stop payment on the check.He said the car was overheating and had to take it to a shop to be checked.What rights do we have as the seller? We are not only out a vehicle but we are out 1000.00. At this point we dont know what to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Will we have to pay for the transfer back? He has now had the car for 4 days.If he was driving it while overheatng, it could have caused greater damamge,and we dont want it back.Is this legal to cancel a check for property recieved? Thank you

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search