Pennsylvania  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/25/13, 1:29 pm

Broke up with ex-fiance and he sued for work done in my home. Court awarded him $13,000 via lien when home sells. Tried to refinance for lower interest rate and bank says he needs to "subordinate the lien." What does this mean exactly? Is there anything else I can do? Bought new car and had good credit rating but the outstanding judgment made interest rate go from 2% to 6%. Should I consider bankruptcy? Would that help?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search