Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Pennsylvania

What if the defendants last name is wrong on the complaint for a civil case? It is a collection for an unpaid credit card.

Asked on 7/13/11, 6:56 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Greg Artim Morrow & Artim, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If it was served upon you, then it would be a mistake to ignore it. The judgment will be entered if you do nothing.

Contact my firm, or another consumer law firm, for a free in depth case review. You need to have a consumer attorney review the complaint.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/11, 7:38 am
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with Attorney Artim and only wish to add, is this your debt? Will, a judgment be entered against you?

If this is not your debt and you have been named and served, then get to a lawyer and get this dismissed because the creditor has sued the wrong person.

If this is your debt but the creditor got the name wrong, you do have a moral duty to correct this so that a judgment is entered correctly.

If you do not do so, a judgment will be entered but the creditor will probably have a hard time trying to collect as this person does not exist. Sooner or later the creditor will find out they have the wrong person.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/11, 10:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now