Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Pennsylvania

What if the defendants last name is wrong on the complaint for a civil case? It is a collection for an unpaid credit card.

Greg Artim Morrow & Artim, P.C.

If it was served upon you, then it would be a mistake to ignore it. The judgment will be entered if you do nothing.

Contact my firm, or another consumer law firm, for a free in depth case review. You need to have a consumer attorney review the complaint.

I agree with Attorney Artim and only wish to add, is this your debt? Will, a judgment be entered against you?

If this is not your debt and you have been named and served, then get to a lawyer and get this dismissed because the creditor has sued the wrong person.

If this is your debt but the creditor got the name wrong, you do have a moral duty to correct this so that a judgment is entered correctly.

If you do not do so, a judgment will be entered but the creditor will probably have a hard time trying to collect as this person does not exist. Sooner or later the creditor will find out they have the wrong person.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms