Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Pennsylvania

My mother was cosigner on bank loan for my car! loan went in collection she said she would pay the 1700.00 dollars left on the loan and now a year after paying it for me she need money and is going to sue me..can she do that ?

Yes, unfortunately. However, the bright side is that she can sue all day long in PA. However, how is she going to collect? There is no wage garnishment and if you have no assets, collection is going to be difficult.

BUT, this is your mama. What a lousy way to treat your mama. She bore you. She lent you her name and her credit by agreeing to co-sign. And how do you repay her? You default on the loan and trash her credit. She even went so far to pay off the debt. You need to start repaying the debt now. Apologize for being such a jerk, send her flowers and work out a payment arrangement (get it in writing) and start paying her back NOW before she sues.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms