Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Pennsylvania

I received a Writ of Execution (money judgment) Rules PA. RCP. Is this something I need to be concerned about at this time??

Yes, possibly. PA provides very limited exemptions for purposes of a state court judgment. $300, a Bible, clothes, work uniform and a sewing machine (if you are a seamstress) is exempt. Furniture//household goods or appliances, cars or land are not exempt.

It depends on what you have and what you want to do and the nature of the creditor. Most credit card companies will not try to seize and sell your things as they want money. I have had one client with a bank debt though and they did get very nasty and try to sell things.

If you are not able to work anything out then you may want to consider bankruptcy. PA bankruptcy allows you to choose between the federal exemptions and the state exemptions and the federal exemptions are much more generous as they include an exemption for a car and land.

If you are interested in resolving the judgment in a non-bankruptcy non-litigation context, then please email me at rachelforjustice@hotmail.com. If you are interested in filing bankruptcy, then seek out local bankruptpcy counsel.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms