Pennsylvania  |  Criminal Law

I was caught shoplifting from a grocery store 3 days ago in PA. The value of the items I stole was about $70. The store had me arrested and I was finger printed and had my picture taken. The police gave me a citation and told me the easiest thing I could do to make this go away was to plead guilty, pay the fine, and ask about First Offenders Programs so I can have it expunged from my record. This is my first offense ever, and the officers were nice and told me it's not the end of the world. I have to call the number for the DA they wrote down on my citation tomorrow, is there anything I should or shouldn't say? Are my chances good for being able to take one of those classes to remove this from my record? Any advice is helpful!

Answered on: 6/23/13, 6:15 am by Michael Kotik

You might be able to qualify for the first offenders program. However, DO NOT CALL THE DA'S OFFICE without an attorney. Spend the money, hire someone to help you! It's the safe bet!

Attorney Michael Kotik, Esq. | 267-265-4553 | www.LegalPhilly.com

Lawyer Michael Kotik | Criminal Lawyer 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220 Philadelphia, PA 19102