Pennsylvania  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/12/05, 9:01 pm

How to drop charges, and ensure that the state does not pick it up

I placed simple assualt and terroristic threat charges against someone in philadelphia who was on probtion in New Jersey, and now he is incarcerated in New Jersey. He does not yet have a court date, but I would like to write the judge a letter, so that he can have a copy when philadelphia comes to pick him up for court, stating that I am droping the charges. What do I have to include in the written letter to ensure that the state does not use the dective as a witness, or takes up the case. Thank you.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search