Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

I requested a free criminal transcript sent to me in prison 7/3/13. Delaware County courthouse said they didn't receive my letter so I sent another one this week and they said it would take 2 weeks before they would sent them to me. I told them I have another trial in 2 weeks and I need them before this. I don't have the money which will probably be $3000 for my lawyer to request them. Will the judge postpone the trial for this reason if my lawyer asks him? And will it be ok for my Mom to write to the judge explaining what happened as to why the transcripts would be sent out late?

Asked on 8/10/13, 7:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Kotik Lawyer Michael Kotik | Criminal Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It's an excellent reason to ask for a continuance. I would suggest hiring a criminal defense attorney and having him ask for it.

Michael Kotik, Esq. | 267-265-4553 | LEGALPHILLY.COM

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 10:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now