Pennsylvania  |  Criminal Law

I am doing a research paper on gun control, based on what we cover in the law course. Which is on all areas of basic law. I am doing my paper on gun laws, who makes the constitution amendment on gun laws, or even if such question exist. I would appreciate your help in a violate topic to pursue. Thank you.

Answered on: 11/06/09, 10:01 pm by Brian Zeiger

the 2nd amendment says that we have the right to bare arms. there is no constitutional amendment that says otherwise. the government can, however, create restrictions on any constitutional rights, if the restrictions don't discriminate against people and the government has a good reason for the restrictions. so, they create gun laws to restrict ownership and possession of firearms. just remember they can't completely outlaw guns, that would be unconstitutional. there was a case in DC a couple years back that explains all this. good luck.

Levin & Zeiger LLP 123 South Broad Street, Suite 1200 Philadelphia, PA 19109