Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Pennsylvania

Prehearing statement

I filed an EEO complaint. The judge has ordered a prehearing statement. He wants the contention stated concisely. Is the contention the basis for my complient i.e retaliantion, race & sex discrimination? or is it the specifics like I have to submit my work electronically (While a same grade and title male doing same job) does it by hand becouse hedoesn't like the computer,beingrequired to different justifications for my jobs and having to call in three times a day when the mendo not (he wants to make sure I am safe!)

Thanks,CMP

Regina Mullen Legal Data Services, PLC

Re: Prehearing statement

Not to be rude, but you definitely need to get an attorney to help you, because I couldn't understand what you're talking about. And, if I can't, then you can be assured that a judge isn't going to have ANY patience with it.

If you filed an EEO complaint, do you have your right to sue letter?Iif you don't you don't belong in court yet. You should have all the documentation before going to court.

If you're talking about an EEO hearing officer, then they should have a form where you simply check off what your claim is (check anything you THINK might apply), then provide a paragraph or so which says what you think is going on. Give your examples, but they really need to be clear. Provide salary informatio, so the EEO officer knows to go after salary data. If you have a claim, this will help your lawyer tremendously.

Don't sign anything giving up any rights.

If it's race/ethnicity, then your problem is the denial of some job benefit, or harassment or other problem that has an impact upon your job duties, benefits or pay which are different from employees of a different ethnic background. if it's gender, then the denial relates to your gender, etc.. I highly suggest getting someone to write it up for you, so that it makes sense.

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Pennsylvania