Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Pennsylvania

I am a volunteer chief of a county search and rescue team. One of our members resigned and may pursue legal recourse due to the fact that he has been denied liability and comp coverage due to his extensive criminal background. Am I in any way liable for the county's actions?

Michael Kotik Lawyer Michael Kotik | Criminal Lawyer

Response by Attorney Michael Kotik a Pennsylvania and New Jersey lawyer. I don't think you could be personally liable, it would have to be your company that he would sue. However, without knowing too much of the details behind what had happened it would be difficult to give you an accurate answer. I would suggest contacting an employment lawyer. If you would like to talk more about your case please contact me at mnk@legalphilly.com.

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Pennsylvania