Legal Question in Elder Law in Pennsylvania

My father signed power of attorney paperwork in 2006 naming me and my sister, witnessed by his attorney and notarized. He now has Alzheimer’s and we need to start making financial decisions for him. Does this need to go to court or is what he previously signed binding. Does this need to somehow be formally executed?

Asked on 3/19/13, 5:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If this document has been properly executed and grants you the powers to make financial decisions, there is no need to go to court. If you would like a legal review of the document, feel free to contact me. Regards, Scott Polsky

Read more
Answered on 3/20/13, 6:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now