Pennsylvania  |  Elder Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/28/13, 7:47 pm

My Grandmother has a living trust on the house I own. I do not reside with her. She has recently invited my brother to live with her. He is a drug addict and has been financially abusing her for years (to the tune of roughly $1000 per month). Unfortunately protective services has been unable to act because she denies the abuse. At her advanced age and with her rapidly declining health, I believe a nursing home or worse is in the very near future. Because of the ongoing conflict within the family over his drug use and the abuse of our grandmother, I fear he may intentionally destroy the property while he is there. Is there anything I can do to protect my house? If she no longer resides in the house, how quickly can I have him removed?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search